The main challenges that Engineering Companies face, is not having the ability to give a look and feel of the final Product to their Clients.
This is the reason why Rapid Prototyping Technology (RPT) is gaining a lot of importance among the engineering designers and manufacturers, as it offers a fast and accurate way to realize the functionality of the product. Adopting Rapid Prototyping brings higher fidelity from the conceptualized design compared to the conventional paper prototyping.
Advantages of the Rapid Prototype to the Engineering Industry are as follows:
- Rapid Prototyping help Engineering Companies to Validate the Design Concepts which allows Engineering Companies to realize their concepts beyond virtual visualization. This enables to understand the look and feel of the design, rather than simply assuming through the CAD model. This helps Companies to carry forward their ideas and implement them in their design prior to the finalization stage. It also provides a proof of concept for the end client, seeking for a more realistic product design rather than merely visualizing the design on screen.
- This helps Engineering Companies in Incorporating the Changes
Instantly by Having a physical model in hand, it is possible
to incorporate the changes instantly merely by asking the feedback from
the customers. Prior to finalizing the design, there are several iterations
required. With each iterative process, the design improves further, building
confidence for both the Companies as well as the end consumer. This also
helps in identifying the actual need of the market, making possible to
develop competitive products with better acceptance rate.
- RPT saves lots of Cost and Time for Engineering Companies with
Additive Manufacturing Technologies, the cost and time required to develop
moulds, patterns and special tools can be eliminated by RPT. The same CAD
software and the printing equipment can be utilized to produce different
geometries. Unlike conventional prototyping methods such as CNC machining,
the amount of waste produced is minimum, as Rapid Prototyping only prints
the material that is actually required to build the object.
- RPT gives complete freedom to the Engineering Companies to go with any
customizing the Designs. The most promising benefit of Rapid Prototyping
is the ability to develop customized products as per the individual requirement.
It requires no special tools or process to implement design changes in
the product. A small change in the CAD model and the entire process remains
the same. For manufacturers, this is highly advantageous as it offers a
connected experience for the customer with the product they purchase.
- RPT helps Engineering Companies to Minimizing Design Flaws.
Because it offers the ability to identify flaws in the design prior to
mass production. The materials available for Rapid Prototyping closely
resemble the properties and strength of the actual product, making it possible
to perform physical tests easily. The risks of faults and usability issues
can be identified earlier to avoid problems that might occur later during